Saturday, October 4, 2014

Dark October...It's crazy!

The RSC colors for October are brown, black, and gray. I've been busy working on gifts (burp cloths for my sister in laws gender reveal party...it's a girl!, and a tummy time mat for the grandparents to be), so I thought it would be fun to try a crazy quilt block to give me some hand work and time away from the machine. This is what I've gotten done so far. I sewed the center column of the block and then attached it to a scrap piece for the background and then did a stitch and flip for the left and right columns. I then zig-zagged the entire thing to a piece of batting which makes it easier to embroider on. Now I'm just adding all the fun stuff. Any ideas what I should put in the middle? I was thinking a spider web, but haven't found any good tutorials on how to do one!
Linking to the Saturday round up at soscrappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment