Black & Tan block for October's RSC challenge! If you look closely you'll see that I managed not to cut off any of the (interior) points. Slightly misaligned, yes, but they're all there. Now, some of the outer points had to be sacrificed for the sake a squaring up, but you gotta break eggs if you're going to make an omelette...hmmm, maybe my happy scrappy orphan block quilt could be called "The Everything Omelette?"
It's rainy and dreary here today so I hung it from the shades to get some good light for the photo. I think I might keep it up as I work on putting blocks together for the 4th side, we could use some bright colors around here!
Thank you to everyone who helped answer my questions last week! I added medical tape to the back of the ruler (thanks to Angie, check out her awesome scrap jar stars!) I also added some tape to the rotory cutter handle which makes it feel more secure since I'm still afraid of slipping and cutting myself! But if I go really slow it should be OK, and a thank you to Angela who suggested a stiletto for keeping my seams straight. I had to google it, but turns out I had one in the supplies I inherited from my mom, just never knew what it was!